General Privacy Notice
We may process and collect personal data from you when you visit this website, send us a message through this website, respond to a communication such as e-mail, or otherwise provide us with information. We may also obtain information from other sources such as social media platforms linked to our website. We understand that you are aware of and care about your own personal privacy interests, and we take that seriously. We respect your privacy rights and will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to other companies.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect may include the following:
Personal data that you provide, including contact information, name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card, and debit card number and related information, logins and passwords. You can view this website without providing this information. We may obtain personal data from you through this website, offline such as when you call us, or from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms or other third parties, to the extent permitted by law.
Personal data we obtain through our website or that is generated on our website. When you visit this website, we collect your IP address, your browsing behavior on our website such as information on your first visit, previous visit and current visit, the visited pages, and the manner in which you navigate the website.
Information about the browser and device you use to access our website.
Information we collect through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies.
Your physical location.
Demographic information and other information you provide to us.
Social media platforms
We are not responsible for the privacy or information use practices of any other person or company. That includes but is not limited to any operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer.
What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data for a variety of purposes. These include:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To provide a quote.
- To inform you about our services and product.
- To investigate and respond to inquiries and complaints.
- To improve and secure our website.
- To produce aggregated data that does not identify you, which helps us generate statistics about our website users and products, the demographic distribution of visitors to our website, and the effectiveness of our marketing and promotion activities, which in turn helps us to analyze and improve the website, the user experience, and our products and services.
- Fraud monitoring and prevention.
- Uses we believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law and regulations to comply with legal processes, respond to requests from governmental authorities, protect our business, protect our rights and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages we may sustain.
- To inform you of job opportunities with us and evaluate your suitability for a job.
- For our business purposes.
- As otherwise allowed by law.
How do we collect personal information?
We and our third-party providers may collect information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the website functions properly.
- Through your use of this website: When you use the website, we and our service providers may track and collect usage data, such as the date and time your device accesses our servers, and what information and files have been downloaded to your device based on your device number.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: We may use pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) to track the actions of users of the website, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the website.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the website. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Physical location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. You may be permitted to allow or deny such uses of your device’s location, such as through your device settings. If you do, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you: Information such as your preferred means of communication is collected when you voluntarily provide it.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated personal information does not personally identify you or any other user of the website. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of our users who live in a particular geographic region.
What are our legal grounds for processing your personal information?
The primary legal grounds we rely on to process personal information are:
- Consent: You will always have the right to withdraw any consent that you given to process your personal data. If you do choose to withdraw your consent, the withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing your personal data prior to your withdrawal.
- By agreement: We will process your personal data if and to the extent necessary to enter into or to perform a contract.
- Legal requirements: We will process your personal data to the extent that we are required to do so by law. We reserve the right to release specific personal information about you if required by law, governmental request or court order.
- To protect Your vital interests: We will process your personal data if we determine that it is necessary to do so to protect your vital interests.
- A legitimate interest: We may also process your personal data if we have a legitimate interest to do so, and do not disproportionately infringe on your privacy.
How do we protect your personal data?
We take the security of your personal data seriously. We have put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures, including internal policies and controls, to:
- Protect your information, for example to backup and protect the integrity of our electronic communications and data storage systems;
- Limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties on a need to know basis. They may only process your personal information on our instructions, they are subject to a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to keep it secure;
- Prevent your personal information from unauthorized or unlawful use or disclosure and against unintended access, loss or destruction, or damage; and
- Deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is maintained in private files on our secure web server and on our internal systems.
How can I review and correct the personal information you have about me?
If you have questions about what personal information, we maintain about you, please make your request in writing and include your full name, mailing address and phone number. When we receive your written request, we will respond within thirty (30) business days. We will describe the personal information we maintain, whom we know we’ve shared it with in the last two (2) years, and how you may request a correction, if necessary. You may also see and copy the information we have, except for certain documents about claims and lawsuits. If you believe our information is incorrect, let us know in writing. We will review it, and, if we agree, we will correct it, notify you, and send a correction letter to anyone who received the original information. If we do not agree, you are allowed to file a letter with your comments.
For questions about the right of access or correction to your information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to Activer Solutions, 325 Donald Lynch Boulevard, Suite 115, Marlborough, MA 01752.
This website and our services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through this website.
How long do we retain personal data?
Your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and will be deleted,as soon as reasonably possible in view of the purposes for processing your personal data (see What do we use your personal data for?), unless we have an ongoing legitimate reason to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need or no other legitimate reason to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives and/orit is technically impossible and/or economically impractical), we will securely store your personal data until deletion is possible.
If you have questions about, or need further information concerning, our data retention periods, please contact us. (See How do you contact us?, below)
Do We Use “Cookies”?
- We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do We Share Personal Data with Outside Parties?
We respect your privacy rights and will not sell, trade or rent your personal data to other companies. However, we sometimes need to share your personal data with third parties. Those include:
- Service Providers.We may use service providers (processors) to help us provide our services (e.g., maintenance, analysis, audit, payments, fraud detection, marketing and development). They will have access to your information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to not to disclose or use it for other purposes. The processors may solely process your personal data based on our instructions. For example, we work with service providers offering hosting services. We may also hire IT service providers to support the safe and stable operation of our systems. If we engage a third party to handle personal information, we shall perform a thorough background check on such third party and exercise proper supervision over such third party to ensure the safe management of personal information.
- Legal Authorities.We may need to share your data when we believe it’s required by law or to protect your and our rights and security. It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary. We will attempt to notify visitors about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority.
How Do You Opt-out, Remove or Modify Information You Have Provided to Us?
- Withdrawal of Consent: You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. To remove your personal data from our system, you can send an email to email@example.com, or call us at +1 833-899-1041.
- Removal of Information. At your request, we will delete your personal data from our systems as soon as possible.
- Information Access and Correction: You have the right to receive information about the type and contents of the personal data that we store or process and to request the correction of and/or change to any incorrect or incomplete personal data that we hold.
- Objection to Use: You may object to our use of your personal data or request to limit our use of your personal data.
- Data Portability: You may request a copy of your personal data that we store and the transfer of the personal data to another party.
- Profiling: You may object to decisions made solely based on automated processing, including profiling.
- Requests and Complaints: All requests or complaints made with regard to our processing and store of your personal data can be sent to us as described below under “How do you Contact us?”
(For Non-U.S. Residents) Our services are offered in the United States of America only
Our services are intended to be used in the United States only. We do not intend to be and are not subject to the laws or jurisdiction of any other state, country or territory other than that of the United States. This website is hosted in the United States. Residents of countries outside the United States, such as the European Union, may have other rights. We make no representation of any kind that this website is suitable for use in the country in which you reside.
(For California residents) Your California privacy rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that under the law, services such as ours that permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing are not required to provide such information upon receiving a request, but rather may respond by notifying the user of his or her right to prevent the disclosure. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com.
(For Nevada residents) Your Nevada privacy rights
If you are a Nevada resident who visits our website you may review and request changes to any of your personal information that is collected on our website. To exercise this right, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any revision to this Notice required by changes to Nevada law will be posted on this website, so you are advised to review each time there is an update posted.
We ask that you not send to us, and not disclose, any sensitive personal information such as social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, sexual orientation, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership.
How do you contact us?
This policy was last modified on July 19, 2019.